Tuesday, February 17, 2009

An easy answer to a hard question

During my meditation (Bible notes: Our Daily Bread) yesterday, I read about a German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860) who battled with similar questions I listed in the "About Me" section of my blog. "Who am I? and Where am I going?".

But does God provide answers? Guess what, He does. I came out quite impressed with the answers I got in IJohn 3:2 during our family meditation. The short answer for the first question is: We are children of God. Plus, John 1:12 says "We become His children by receiving Jesus as our Savior from Sin. If you think deeply, that's about all we need for our identity.

So what about the next question "Where am I going?".... Read John 14:1-6. It says "....one day He will receive us into a home He is preparing in heaven".

Therefore as Christians the short answers to these 2 questions would be: 'When you know Jesus, you know WHO you are and WHERE you're going'.

Awesome I thought, so did my wife, Shyni. We were thrilled about these unexpected revelations. Hope you are blessed too.

Please feel free to join and follow my blog, I will be delighted. And don't forget to click on some of the ad links on the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment